Help For Bradenton Wrongful Death
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Bradenton, contact our team today for a free case review.
Losing a loved one is hard and following your loss, your mind can be in shambles. If your loved one was killed due to an accident that could have been prevented and that was triggered by the reckless or negligent actions of someone else, you could seek compensation. Nothing will bring back your loved one, but seeking compensation could help you pick up the pieces and move on without them.
Our Bradenton wrongful death attorney will fight for your rights and get you the justice you need to heal and move on. We make them pay for their actions.
Why Seek Compensation?
Seeking compensation for a wrongful death is something that shouldn't be looked at negatively. It can help with a number of things including:
- Providing closure or a sense of justice to families after a loss
- Help paying for heavy medical costs or funerary expenses
- Offsetting a loss of income that can negatively impact a family
In short, filing a wrongful death lawsuit and getting what you're owed will help you be able to mourn without worrying about money and help you get your life back on track after losing your loved ones. It's something that can help make the days, weeks, and months following a loss easier to cope with, and nothing to be ashamed of.
Do You Have A Case?
Under Florida law, you can only file a wrongful death lawsuit when someone's death was caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another. This means, in essence, that someone else acted in a way that a reasonable person wouldn't have. Some examples of this include:
- A drunk driver who crashes and causes death
- A driver who is texting while driving and crashes
- A property owner who knows about a safety issue but fails to fix it or warn others about it
Negligence can be a lot of different things, and talking to your attorney will help you figure out if your loved one's accidental death falls under the law's definition of 'wrongful death'. If so, you likely have a claim.
Additionally, it's important to note that in a wrongful death case, it's blood relatives or adopted relatives that generally have the right to seek compensation. For most cases, the family members who can sue for damages include:
- Other adoptive or blood relatives who relied on the deceased for any kind of support or services - especially financial support
If you fall into these categories and have lost a loved one due to the actions of someone else, contacting a Bradenton wrongful death attorney as soon as you can is important. You'll only have two years from the date of death to file a wrongful death claim.
What Is Compensation Based On?
Compensation for a wrongful death lawsuit is based on several different things. Your Bradenton wrongful death attorney will bring the following into consideration when seeking a settlement:
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Funeral expenses related to the accident
- Loss of medical benefits, retirement funds, and other benefits
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of parental guidance for children
- Loss of companionship for spouses and children
- Income lost due to the loss of the loved one
- Punitive damages to serve as a punishment to the person who caused the accident
- And more
Overall, the idea is to help the bereaved reach a point that they would have been in had the accident and the death never occurred. Lost income may be calculated for years to come, providing a settlement that helps the survivors find financial stability so they can work on moving on with their lives.
In short, a wrongful death lawsuit can help you live after a death in the family. We don't charge you until we get you your money, and we don’t stop fighting for you until we do so. Contact us today to let us start fighting to get your family the justice and closure it deserves.
The lawyers of Goldman Babboni Fernandez & Walsh have the firm belief that justice pays.