From the Lakes Regional Park to the Imaginarium, there's plenty for residents of Ft Myers to do with their free time. But when you're injured in an accident, it can be difficult to enjoy anything at all. Our legal team understands the pain, frustration, and confusion that can follow an accident.
We stand up for the injured and protect their rights, fighting those responsible for the accident and making them pay. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident caused by someone else, contact us to speak to a Ft Myers personal injury attorney today. We'll fight for you.
Can You Seek Compensation?
Florida residents injured in an accident can seek financial compensation for their injuries if they can show that the accident was a direct result of the reckless or negligent actions of someone else. This can mean different things depending on the type of accident, but some examples include:
- Drunk driving
- Texting while driving
- Failure to maintain a safe operating vehicle
- Failure to correct safety issues on a property
- Failure to obey applicable safety laws
- And more
Basically, it must be shown that the other person involved in your accident acted in a manner that any reasonable person would consider to be reckless or negligent. If this is true, you can seek restitution for your injuries.
What Damages Can You Be Awarded?
Under Florida law, almost anything that impacts your financial situation as a result of the accident could be compensated. Your Ft Myers personal injury attorney will review the specifics of your case and help you see more about which damages you can pursue, but a settlement will very often include the following:
- Lost wages due to missing work
- Future potential lost wages related to the accident
- Adjustments to income due to long term disability
- Medical bills
- Future potential medical bills
- Replacement of personal property damaged in the accident
- Compensation for your pain and suffering
- And more
Your Ft Myers personal injury attorney will work with economists and medical experts to review your situation and make a clear estimate as to just what kind of financial impact your accident will have on you throughout the future. This way, you are able to receive a settlement that covers your expenses entirely.
How Will Your Attorney Get Your Settlement?
When you contact our team, you're contacting the pros. Our lawyers work to get you the settlement that is fair for you, and we'll take numerous steps including:
- Gathering all evidence applicable to proving your case
- Consulting with experts to develop a fair settlement amount
- Negotiating with the other side to reach a settlement agreement
- If a settlement can’t be agreed upon, we will go to court to fight for your rights in a trial
We take your future seriously, and know that being injured can have a negative impact on your life. That's why we work so hard to stand up for you and make sure you get what you deserve.
Don't Be Pushed Around Those injured in an accident in Ft Myers often discover that insurance companies and the representatives for the other side aren't usually in the habit of paying out a settlement easily. In fact, most of the time they will do all they can to stop you from collecting what you deserve.
Big corporations and insurance companies will use numerous tactics to bully you around, including things like:
- Refusing to pay
- Forcing you to fill out endless paperwork
- Ignoring your attempts to contact them
- Offering settlements that are less than you deserve
Our legal team stops these bullying tactics immediately and gets you the respect you need to work towards a fair settlement. With us on your side, your claim is given the attention it deserves and you're able to get a settlement so you can stop worrying about your finances and start focusing on physical healing.
We fight to get you the most, and won't stop until we do.
The lawyers of Shapiro Goldman Babboni Fernandez & Walsh have the firm belief that justice pays.