When you lose a loved one due to an accidental death, it can make it hard to get out and enjoy anything that Lakeland offers. It's even worse when your loved one is killed due to an accident that could have been prevented if not for the reckless or negligent actions of another. We know that you're trying to cope with this loss, and you shouldn't have to try to deal with financial concerns as well.
Our lawyers will stand up for you, fight the other side, and get you justice.
Why Should You Seek Compensation?
Nothing will bring your loved one back, and a Lakeland wrongful death lawsuit may seem needless or even in poor taste. But the reality is that for many, it's the only way to get your life back on track following a death of a loved one. Some of the reasons it's important to do include:
- Helps you get a sense of justice
- Provides closure
- Eliminates financial burdens caused by the accident
- Can help families get restitution for the loss of income
- May be the only way to maintain financial health after losing a breadwinner
- Could help you mourn and move on after the loss of a loved one
In short, seeking compensation is something that can help you get your life on track following the upheaval that an accidental death can create.
Can You Seek Compensation?
You can file a Lakeland wrongful death lawsuit if you are able to show that the death of your loved one was due to negligence or recklessness. Accidents that are unavoidable or simply due to circumstances may not be situations where a lawsuit can occur. Some examples of what negligence or recklessness may be are:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Violating other traffic laws, signs, and signals
- Failure to maintain a safe working environment
- Failure to address safety issues at a public or private property
In short, if your loved one's death was caused through someone acting in a way that any reasonable person would recognize to be negligent or reckless, you may have the grounds for compensation.
It's also important to remember that only immediate blood family or those who are dependent directly on the deceased may seek restitution. This includes:
- Siblings dependent on the deceased for financial aid or services
What Is A Settlement Based On?
A Lakeland wrongful death attorney may be able to get you a settlement based on a number of things. The focus is on helping you get your life back to where it should have been and would have been if the accident had never occurred. This can include a variety of different things including:
- Compensation for the medical bills associated with the accident
- Compensation for the funeral expenses related to the accident
- Restitution for the loss of income the deceased would contribute to the family - often over the course of their estimated lifespan
- Compensation for the loss of companionship to spouses and children
- Compensation for the loss of parental guidance to a child
- And more
We work with economic experts to make a determination as to just what the total cost of the death will really be and what impact it will have on your life throughout the future. Then we develop a settlement amount based on this figure and fight to make sure you get it.
Settlement or Trial?
Many insurance agencies and big companies will try their best to avoid giving you a dime, and will often push you around with bullying techniques when you try to get a settlement. But with your Lakeland wrongful death attorney on your side, they're more likely to negotiate towards a settlement since avoiding court trials is often in their best interests.
Our team stops the bullying and fights to get you what you deserve. But if a settlement can't be reached, we have no problem heading to court and showing them that you are owed restitution. No matter what it takes, our team will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you need to pick up the pieces and move on after losing a loved one. We're your fierce advocate during this difficult time.
The lawyers of Goldman Babboni Fernandez & Walsh have the firm belief that justice pays.