How To Help Your Attorney Win Your Injury Case
Hiring a personal injury lawyer is something that everyone hurt in an accident needs to do – especially if they know that the accident was caused by the recklessness of another party. Under Florida law, those hurt in an accident can seek financial compensation for their injuries if they can prove that the accident was caused by negligence or reckless behavior – everything from drunk driving to failing to maintain a safe working environment.
There are numerous reasons to get a personal injury lawyer when you’ve been hurt in a Florida accident and need help with personal injury law, including the following:
• Better settlement amounts
• Faster results
• More respect from the other side
• Better peace of mind
• Less stress
• Ability to concentrate on your physical healing
But while your attorney is truly a professional, they can always benefit from help. You don’t need to plan on arguing with insurance adjusters or talking to a judge with an attorney on your side, but there are a few things you can do which may help your attorney strengthen your case. Here are some of the big ways to help out your lawyer.
• Gather Evidence – While this obviously isn’t something that you’ll be spending a lot of time doing, the fact is that if you have the chance to get any information during the moments after an accident, you should do it. Whether it’s a couple of photos of the accident scene or the names of potential witnesses, gathering more evidence is important.
• Don’t Talk To The Opposition – Another thing that is far too common is assuming that the other side is there to help you. You may be offered a settlement that sounds great. But in reality, when you’re being offered things it’s highly likely that they’re actually not in your best interest. Lowball settlement offers and other dishonest conversations can leave you struggling to get what you’re owed.
• Save Everything – A paper trail can be the key to getting the most from your injuries. Whether it’s a logbook of the hours you’ve missed at work, a folder filled with medical receipts, or something else entirely, be sure to save everything so you can prove what you’re owed and get the compensation that you deserve.
• Be Totally Honest – Lying is not a good option when it comes to personal injury law. It may seem like a good idea to try to stretch out the truth in your favor, but this is something that will almost always backfire on you. Tell your attorney the truth to ensure that they can get you all that you are owed and get you back on the path to a full recovery.
• Avoid Social Media – Or at the very least, use social media wisely. A single image can be taken out of context and used to show that you’re not hurt or that you’re not owed any compensation. If you’re a social media addict, be sure to think before you post or comment.
If you’ll keep these basic tips in mind it can greatly help your lawyer prove your case and fight to get you what you’re owed. If you’ve been injured in an accident of any kind it’s vital that you do all you can to prove your case. Our team is here to help. Contact us today to find out more about what your rights are and to set up a free consultation. It could be the key to securing a more stable future for yourself.