The Many Ways Personal Injury Lawyers Prove Fault
When you are involved in an accident that was caused by someone else, you shouldn’t be responsible for going through the financial hardship it can cause. Your physical and mental healing is already enough of a challenge, but when you add the financial burden of medical costs and lost wages it can be even harder to fully recover.
That’s why filing a personal injury lawsuit against the person responsible for your injuries is something that many need to consider doing. In order to receive compensation for your injuries, you have to be able to prove that the other person involved in the accident was at fault. This means that it must be proven that they acted in a negligent or reckless manner and that those actions directly led to the accident in question.
This isn’t easy for the average person to do, which is why turning to a personal injury lawyer is so important. An accident lawyer will use a variety of different resources drawing from their experience to help show that the other party was at fault and that you are owed compensation. There are several methods of doing so, including:
- Accident Reports – Using the reports filed by the police at the scene of an accident will be one of the fundamentals of showing who is at fault in an accident, and one of the first things your lawyer will rely on.
- Dashboard Cameras – More and more people are adding dashboard cams to their vehicles with the goal of protecting themselves. It’s important to remember that you have to have the consent of all passengers in your vehicle before you can use the dash cam, but used correctly it can help show fault and explain what occurs in an accident.
- Black Box Data – Similar to the black box flight data recorders that have been in airplanes for decades, cars and trucks are now starting to use data recorders as well. These units can provide the courts with info like speed, braking force, turning information, and more.
- Cellular Records – Distracted driving has become a major problem throughout the country, and texting while driving is high on the list of risks. An accident lawyer may pull the cell records of both parties to show that distracted driving contributed to the accident.
- Witness Statements – Witnesses who may have seen the accident may be used as well, getting a personal explanation as to what might have happened during the accident.
- Accident Reconstructions – Reconstructing an accident with the help of professional reconstruction experts is an excellent way to get a clear idea about what occurred during an accident. Lawyers have direct access to these experts and can create a detailed look at the incident.
The key thing to understand here is simple – a personal injury lawyer is instrumental in proving that you deserve compensation. The deeper wealth of knowledge and experience that they have can make a big difference in getting you the compensation that you are owed. As such, they should be one of the first people you contact after an accident.
Our team has decades of experience helping those hurt in an accident. We have helped thousands get the money that they deserve so they can move on following an accident of any kind. If you’ve been involved in an accident caused by someone else, contact our team today to find out more about your rights and what we may be able to do for you. It could be the key to avoiding financial hardship.