Traumatic Brain Injuries Are In The News More Often Than Ever
The renaissance of understanding TBI began with the understanding that many, if not most, professional football players and boxers in the U.S. were at significant risk of developing TBI during their careers.
From there, it was not long before people began looking at the role and risks of TBI in their own lives. Even children who participate in athletics at a high level for their age could be setting themselves up for a higher risk of TBI.
However, even with the precautions that are becoming more common in society, it’s still true that some of the most serious TBIs are caused by accidental injuries -- like automotive accidents and even “slip and fall.”
Millions Of Dollars In Research Is Going Toward TBI, But Sufferers Still Need Help
A lot of the news around TBI recently has been promising:
- Abbott Labs just secured a $19.5 million federal contract to design a new test for brain injury.
- The Brain Injury Association of Nebraska has been leading outreach to raise awareness.
- The BBC recently reported on a memoir written by a woman with severe brain injuries.
- More websites devoted to the topic of TBI are available than ever before on the Web.
There may be more TBI research going on right now than ever in history. However, brain injury is still a very difficult situation to cope with -- for the victims and for their friends, families, and support networks within the community.
One of the most important ways that TBI victims can improve their quality of life is by reaching out to Florida TBI lawyers who can help them get the court settlements to which they may be entitled. That is a big step, but it can be a major one on the road to reclaiming your life.
Jurors And Judges Now Recognize The Seriousness Of Traumatic Brain Injury
With current medical technology, no one can ever recover completely from a traumatic brain injury. However, the overall level of recovery as well as the long-term prognosis is very strongly affected by the quality of care within the earliest months and years.
Since most people who have TBI will need care throughout the rest of their lives, judges and juries are learning to take this into account when evaluating cases -- not just in Florida, but all over the U.S.
However, you still need expert TBI lawyers to help you get through your case.
How do the best TBI lawyers stand out? The best TBI lawyers can:
- Establish the facts of a case quickly, before important information or evidence is lost.
- Manage the challenges around communicating with insurance companies and other parties.
- Help those with TBI to tell their story to judges and juries effectively and painlessly.
- Organize and coordinate the case with plenty of help and care toward the TBI victim.
- Maintain the momentum of a case to help get settlements as fast as legally possible.
Not every legal team is prepared to do everything possible to help victims of TBI. Doing it requires a special commitment that we are proud to make here at GetMeJustice.com.
Call or email the team at GetMeJustice.com now to learn more about how we can help you. We are a leading law firm helping TBI victims in accidents and injury cases. In Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, St. Petersburg and around Florida, we can help.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can take action for you.