Florida is filled with vehicles. With millions living here and millions more visiting, the state is one of the busiest in the country. That many people also unfortunately means that sometimes, the unthinkable will happen. An auto accident of any kind can cause serious damage to your vehicle and bodily harm to you and the passengers, but when it’s a rollover accident it can be even more serious.
A rollover is a specific type of accident that occurs in larger vehicles for the most part. This is due to their higher center of gravity, and when they take a turn or are struck from the side they have a much higher rate of rolling over.
This in turn can lead to serious injuries including:
- Head trauma
- Spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- And more
In short, a rollover can lead to significant issues that can leave you struggling to get back on your feet. The Financial Catastrophe One of the biggest issues associated with rollover accidents is the fact that they not only leave you seriously injured, but struggling financially as well.
Any kind of injury can leave you with significant financial burdens including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages from work
- Long term medications or healthcare
- Potential loss of job in the cases of head trauma and paralysis
- Funeral costs if a loved one is killed in the accident
Making things worse is the fact that insurance companies often do all they can to try to prevent you from getting the money that you’re owed. This means that instead of being able to focus on your physical recovery, you end up spending your time trying to get back on solid footing financially. This can be incredibly challenging, and standing up to the insurance companies and attorneys for the other side can seem impossible at times.
Who Is At Fault?
However, if your accident was caused due to the actions of someone else then you do have rights. When someone’s reckless or negligent actions cause an accident, it means that they can be sued in a personal injury lawsuit.
These lawsuits let those hurt in an accident get restitution for their injuries and focus on their physical recovery instead of their financial burdens. In order to get the compensation that you’re owed, you’ll have to prove that the other party was at fault and that they acted in a negligent or reckless manner.
Negligence and recklessness can include a variety of things including:
- Drunk driving
- Texting while driving
- And more
In rollover cases, even the vehicle manufacturer could be held liable if it’s shown that their design was faulty and that it was far more prone to rollover than acceptable standards. This means that you have numerous options in terms of who to seek compensation from, but talking to an attorney who handles rollover cases is the only way to ensure that you’re going to get the right results and even that you know who to seek compensation from.
What Can You Do?
So what are your rights exactly? Essentially, you have the right to get compensation if your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness. There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. If you’re safe, try to take photos of the accident site including your vehicle and any other vehicles involved.
- Seek medical attention even if it seems like you aren’t hurt. This ensures that you have a record of the accident since some injuries manifest themselves later.
- Keep a record of everything, including the days you miss at work, all medical bills, and more. The more information you can provide, the better.
- Contact a personal injury attorney. They’re your greatest ally when it comes to getting compensation, and will be able to take much of the stress off your shoulders and let you focus on physical healing.
The Difference Having An Attorney Makes
Out of all the steps you can take after an accident, one of the most important is to find the right personal injury lawyer in Florida. A good attorney will do far more for you than you might realize.
Some of the main reasons to trust in the professionals includes:
- No risk of accepting a settlement that is less than you deserve
- Insurance companies give you respect instead of trying to push you around
- You can focus on getting better instead of on worrying about money
- A lawyer handles everything and gives you peace of mind as the process moves forward
Simply put, hiring the right attorney is an absolute must when you’re trying to recover from a rollover accident. Our team of professionals can help. Contact us today to find out more about what we can do for you. We’ll take the fight to them and get you back what you’re owed.